Monday, November 15, 2010

Great memories-DC Temple and Cute Kids!

Mark had Veteran's Day off work so we took a trip up to Maryland. We went to the DC Temple and to visit North Potomac where Mark lived as a teenager with his parents as mission presidents. This is one of those days I don't want to ever forget. The DC temple is beautiful! I have seen pictures of it before but I was still blown away by how amazing it is. We couldn't do a session (our cute kids were with us) but still wanted to just go to the temple so we packed up the car and off we went. We laid a blanket out and had a little picnic on the grass and let Mason run around for a little while and let Dallan stretch from being in his car seat. Then we just walked around the temple grounds and through the visitor's center.
We then drove over to North Potomac. Mark showed me his old high school, the 5 mile path he used to run each day, his old bishop's house, and then the house he lived in. It was so fun to see all these places and hear Mark's stories about them. The boys were great the entire time and fell asleep in the car so we just drove around with Mark pointing out his memories. It was a great day with just the four of us making these new memories.


Mason loves books and has decided that Dallan will too. We spend a big part of every day reading Mason's books over and over. The other day I told Mason I couldn't read anymore because I had to make dinner. He starting throwing a small fit and went and fake cried in the other room. This only lasted about a minute then he was quiet. I walked in to see what he was doing and this is what I found.


He has gotten so good with Dallan. Other than having to keep reminding him to not drive his little cars on Dallan's head and to not practice jumping while he is standing too close to Dallan, they do really good together. Mason gets so concerned every time Dallan cries and is constantly playing with and entertaining Dallan. Dallan adores Mason. Everything Mason does is funny and Dallan just watches Mason all day. Last night I was holding Dallan while I was running around chasing Mason to tickle him and both boys were laughing so hard Mark and I both started laughing too. When I finally caught Mason instead of being tickled he wanted to give Dallan a hug and a kiss on the head then start running from us again. We repeated this about a dozen times before I had to stop. Another one of those moments I don't want to forget.



Dallan has discovered that at the end of all those rolls and thigh, there are feet attached. He plays with his feet all day long. He is the happiest baby! I love these boys (all three of them) so much!



3 comments:

Ryan and Shelia said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how big Dallan is:) Those are such cute pictures of everyone. The kids got your package today and loved!!! it.

Debbie said...

I am missing the boys really bad this week (and you and mark) I don't know if it is because of holiday coming up or what. But I wish all their noise and fun was at the house when I got home from work.The temple pic would be a good one to send to Statton if you could make a copy. And any others

Shawna S said...

Hey Marci, I FINALLY checked your blog. Man, I was missing out. How cute. We miss all of you and can't wait for you to come visit, especially since I won't be too crazy with school.