Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I really need to figure out how to rotate these pictures. Mark and Mason were playing "soccor". Mason loves balls. He runs around the house kicking any ball yelling "football" while he does it. Guess those months of Mark being with Mason made the important things-like football-sink in.


Our ward played a softball game on Labor Day. It was completely informal and tons of fun. Only about 4 maybe 5 people would bat and it would be three outs because there were about 20 people playing in the outfield all the time. It was a blast though. Mason sat in his stroller and just watched the whole time. He loved it. Dallan slept through the whole thing so I was able to just sit on the bleachers and enjoy visiting and watching. It was so fun.




We had a blast over Labor Day weekend. We had no plans but ended up doing something fun each day. On Friday Kara called and invited us to swim and BBQ with them and the Ripa family on Saturday. We have a bunch on community centers close by and they all have swimming pools. The set up of the pool was nice so although I sat on the side with Dallan I was still pretty close to everyone else. I can't wait till next summer to actually get in with both boys. Mason loves swimming (and anything else that has to do with water) and Dallan already loves getting in the tub so I'm sure he'll be just like Mason when it comes to water. The above picture is Mason and Makenna, one of Mason's new friends.

Mark was teaching Mason how to hold his breath under water. He kept plugging Mason's nose and would then dip under the water. I kept waiting for Mason to get a mouthful of water and to freak-out but he just kept laughing. He would come up out of the water and rub his hair and yell "Allll Weeeetttt". The pool has a water slide and even though Mark and Mason would both go under water for a second before they would pop up Mason still loved it.

I can't figure out how to get this picture to turn. Mason was having a ball and Mark is such a good sport. Mason was a little nervous so he kept grabbing Mark's face to hold on to. At any given time Mark had one of Mason's fingers in his eye, nose, or mouth but Mason was having so much fun Mark just dealt with it.
Dallan was as good as he always is. Man I love these boys! Dallan is always smiling and has started laughing all the time now.
Sunday we taught our new sunday school class. These kids are so cute and funny. We didn't have a manual so we just played a get to know you game. When we asked what they want to be when they get older it was wierd to hear answers like politicians and lobbiests (sp?). After church Jenny and Greg came over for dinner. They don't have any kids yet but they are having a baby in a month. It was so fun to hang out with them.
We have had a lot of fun since we got out here. I can't believe the difference making some good friends has made. Our house is starting to come together and we have even started hanging up decorations. I'm hosting a baby shower at my house in about two-three weeks so hopefully I get everything cleaned and put away by then. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ryan and Shelia said...

What cute pictures. I can't believe how big Dallin has gotten. Sorry I forgot to call you earlier today. I hope you had a super great Birthday.

LambFam said...

I didn't know you had another boy! How exciting! My kids are 14 months apart. I'm not going to lie its hard but so much fun when they get older and start playing together!
I'm glad things are going good for you guys. You have to keep the blog updated so we can keep track of you!!