So my camera has mood swings and only turns on about 1/3 of the time and apparently now isn't one of those times so be warned this is a long boring post without any pics. Yes, I am a huge blogging slacker but things have been pretty crazy for us. So much has changed since the last time I posted. Just to name a few:
Mark-
The law firm Mark was working for closed on really bad terms and Mark was left cleaning up huge messes. (That's the gentle version). He was then left unemployeed for 13 months. Luckily I still had my job so he stayed home with Mason and looked for another job while I worked. He did some interviewing and testing with the FBI but their hiring process is so long. He was finally offered a job with Homeland Security in Washington D.C. so that is where he is working now. He loves what he does and the people he works with. It is getting close to the end of their fiscal year so he is working crazy hours-about 70-80 a week. Plus it is an hour commute each way so we never see him but we are soooo grateful to have a job.
Marci-
I kept my job at the lab and worked as much as I could. I was only part time so I was only guaranteed 24 hrs/wk but I picked up shifts all the time so I worked quite a bit. I missed being with Mark and Mason but was glad I still had my job. After Mason was born I considered quitting my job and staying home with Mason but we didn't feel good about it so I kept working. Now we understand why and I am so grateful to heavenly father for that guideance.
We sold our house in June and I lived with my parents for about 8 weeks while Mark started his new job and got things settled for us here in Virginia. It was a great summer packed with fun. I was able to spend a lot of time with all my family and really just enjoyed the whole summer. Being away from Mark was so hard but being surrounded by family helped a ton. Now I am a stay at home mom and I love it! My house is still a disaster and only about half of the boxes are unpacked so we definately aren't settled but it is so nice so finally start getting into a routine and not be in limbo anymore.
Mason-
Wow. How do I describe the way Mason has changed considering the last time I posted he was only 5 months old? He is now 19 months old and is so much fun! He is just as intense and busy as he has always been but I love it! He makes my day everyday. He moves non-stop and climbes on everything. He is starting to talk more (or I am starting to pay more attention) and I think he is so funny. He weighs 29 lbs and being the lousy mom I am I can't remember how tall he is. He's pretty tall though. I get comments all the time about how tall he is for his age. I wish my camera would decide to play nice so I could post an updated pic of him but oh well. He had a great summer playing with all his cousins and being spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa. We went swimming a couple times (he loves water), went to the lake, stayed at the cabin three times, went to st. george every week or two, and played outside in Grandma and Grandpa's amazing backyard everyday! This boy loves being outside.
Dallan-
Surprise!!! That is the best way to describe Dallan. For any of you readers who haven't seen or talked to us lately we now have a second baby. He will be three months old next week. Dallan is the sweetest thing ever! He is so easy and just a content little thing. He is a good eater and sleeper and is happy to just be there when he is awake. He lives up on our counter top or kitchen table, which ever is available at the moment. Mason loves him and loves to give him loves so we have to keep him out of Mason's reach. Just this last week Mason has taken extra interest in Dallan. I was walking by Dallan and started talking to him in a higher pitch and Mason came up and got about a foot away from Dallan's face and in this incredably high voice started saying "Hey-oo Baby" (Hello Baby) over and over. It was the cutest thing ever. These two have been like lost friends the last few days. Dallan just stares at Mason with a huge smile on his face and Mason thinks it's hillarious that Dallan laughs at him when he talks to him. This ends up with both boys sitting there giggling at each other and it almost gets me choked up.
We have had some health scares with Dallan throughout my pregnancy and since he was born but after alot of Dr. appointment, specialists, and different tests the doctors are say he is completely healthy. A section of his aorta (main artery leaving the heart) was only about 1/3 the size it is suppose to be. The doctors were talking to us about the possibity of putting a stent in. According the the doctors the pressure of his blood flowing through it stretch it so it healed itself naturally. What really happened though is the night before Dallan had his last Echo and EKG with his pediatric cardiologist we made a trip to Salt Lake. Mark was already here in Virginia so a few of his brothers gave Dallan a blessing and in the blessing Dallan was told he had a mission to do in this life and his organs were healthy and he would live a long healthy life. The next morning the doctor was stretching for some explaination for Dallan's heart healing so fast. I have been blessed to have always had the gospel in my life and have heard countless stories of miracles but this single event has been the biggest strength to my testimony of the priesthood. I am so thankful for my beautiful, healthy boys.
If anyone is still reading this novel, I am impressed. We have had so many changes in the last year and this is kind of a way for me to document them. We are blessed to have the best family support anyone could hope for. We love and miss all our friends and family but we are excited for this new adventure.
5 comments:
Hey congrats on the new one glad that everything is ok with him. Mason and my little boy are a month apart.
Wow! I had no idea you had a second baby! I am way behind. I have seen ya a few times over the summer and such but never got over to say hi! (bad friend I know) Well I'm glad things are going good for you now! Let us know when you get back to our area and we could all meet up and do lunch!
Wow! I knew all the updates, I am more shocked by the post :) Miss you tons! Kiss the boys for me.
Yay for posting again! I miss working with you so much, Marci! I'm glad your family is all together again and I'm sure you will love Virginia-that's where my husband grew up and I'm pretty sure that no other place can ever be home to him; he has nothing but good to say about it. Keep posting!!
finally, love the upate even though I talk to you everyday. I miss the boys soooooo bad and Mason's smile to make verything better. love you all.
Post a Comment